Event 3

This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to visit the Hammer museum is Westwood. This was the first time I've visited the Hammer after 4 years at UCLA and I am so glad I finally got to experience it. First of all it was free so that made the experience that much better, and it was a 10 minute walk from my apartment, just right down the street from campus. The inside of the Museum is beautiful, it has a modern design and a courtyard where you can eat at the cafe and relax. During the time I went there, there were about 5 art exhibits open, which were all amazing.

One exhibit that stood out the most to me was the "Living Apart Together". It was a combination of a variety of different modern art. There was one piece that was a class box of a model of a room that was under construction. The attention to detail on very little prop was unbelievable, as if a room was shrunken into a room 1,000 times smaller. Because the room was in a class box, it let the spectator view the room from a variety of vantage points.


Another piece that really caught my eye was a large sculpture that was placed in the middle of the room. The sculpture had several large spikes that were about nine feet high. This sculpture gave the room a feeling of presents and intimidation because of how tall was. I would definitely recommend going to the Hammer if anyone hasn't been already, it was quite an experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Math & Art

Week 4 Medicine+Art

Event 2